Diary of a Fit Mommy's 14 Day Toned Arms Challenge
Day 1: 10 Push-Ups/15 Dips/20 Second Plank
Day 2: 15 Push-Ups/20 Dips/25 Second Plank
Day 3: 20 Push-Ups/25 Dips/30 Second Plank
Day 4: REST DAY
Day 5: 25 Push-Ups/30 Dips/35 Second Plank
Day 6: 30 Push-Ups/35 Dips/40 Second Plank
Day 7: 35 Push-Ups/40 Dips/45 Second Plank
Day 8: REST DAY
Day 9: 40 Push-Ups/45 Dips/50 Second Plank
Day 10: 45 Push-Ups/50 Dips/55 Second Plank
Day 11: 50 Push-Ups/55 Dips/60 Second Plank
Day 12: REST DAY
Day 13: 55 Push-Ups/60 Dips/65 Second Plank
Day 14: 60 Push-Ups/65 Dips/70 Second Plank
- Get into a plank position with hands planted directly under the shoulders (slightly wider than shoulder width apart). Ground the toes into the floor to stabilize the bottom half of the body. Engage the abs and back so the body is neutral. In other words, flat as a… plank (ah, now we get it!)
- Begin to lower the body—back flat, eyes focused about three feet in front of you to keep a neutral neck—until the chest nearly touches the floor. (Note: Some experts say a push-up isn’t a push-up unless the chest actually grazes the ground). Don’t let the butt dip or stick out at any point during the move; the body should remain flat from head to toe all the way through the movement. Draw the shoulder blades back and down, while keeping the elbows tucked close to the body, so the upper arms form a 45-degree angle at the bottom of the push-up position.
- Keeping the core engaged, exhale as you push back to the start position as explosively as possible without leaving the ground.
- Position your hands shoulder-width apart on a secured bench or stable chair.
- Slide your butt off the front of the bench with your legs extended out in front of you.
- Straighten your arms, keeping a little bend in your elbows to keep tension on your triceps and off your elbow joints.
- Slowly bend your elbows to lower your body toward the floor until your elbows are at about a 90-degree angle. Be sure to keep your back close to the bench.
- Once you reach the bottom of the movement, press down into the bench to straighten your elbows, returning to the starting position. This completes one rep.
- Start off on a yoga mat in the pushup position. Starting with the pushup position is the easiest way to get into the plank.
- Lower both your forearms to the ground so that both your elbows and fists are flat to the ground. Your palms should be balled up, and directly underneath your shoulders.
- Curl your toes under and engage your abs by tilting your pelvis and pulling your belly button toward your spine.
- Straighten your body but keep your neck and spine neutral. Imagine that you’re a plank of wood, and that you’re straight as an arrow.
- Flex your abdominals and squeeze your glutes. These are the two major muscle groups you’ll be working out in this exercise.
- Hold this position, also known as the plank, until after the burning begins. Keep your eyes on the floor in front of you. Avoid raising your behind. Your body should make a straight line from your heels to the back of your head.
Want to build a better body in just 12 weeks? Check out my Fit Mommy Workout Bundle!
Bundle & Save BIG!
In this bundle, you will receive:
-Butt & Thigh Blaster 4 Week Home Workout Program
-Armed & Fabulous 4 Week Home Program
-Ab & Core Attach 4 Week Home Program
-Eat Clean, Get Lean 4 Week Meal Plan
All programs are bodyweight exercises only-NO GYM REQUIRED! You can simply do these at home within the comfort of your own home.
Features 4 weeks of high-resolution step-by-step pictures and an exercise directory.
*The Armed & Fabulous program does require one set of dumbbells only.
Jumpstart your weightloss with this 4 week clean eating meal plan! With over 60 easy-to-make recipes, you are sure to enjoy the world of clean eating while losing those few extra pounds.
"Can I do all 3 workout programs together?" Absolutely! You can actually alternate them and do your butt program one day, arms the next, and then abs. Then start over!