Begin with this 5 minute cardio warm-up:
- 10 push ups
- 20 squats
- 30 burpees
- 40 jumping jacks
- 50 high knees
Move #1: Alternating Front Hooks
- From boxing stance, keep your elbow bent and punch your fist in a circular motion (like you're reaching around a small tree) as you raise your arm.
- Your forearm should be parallel to the ground and in line with your shoulder.
- Alternate arms back and forth, throwing hooks.
Move #2: Front Jabs
- From boxing stance, quickly extend one arm straight in front of you at shoulder level, rotating your palm toward the ground.
Move #3: Uppercuts
- Get into boxing stance. In one motion, drop your shoulder, turn your wrist so that your palm is facing you, and punch your fist upward.
Move #4: Bob & Weave Squats
- Start in a sumo stance with your feet wider than hip-width apart, toes pointed outward, and hands in a fighting position directly in front of your face.
- Bend your knees, push back your hips, and lower your body into a squat position while keeping your torso upright.
- Side-crunch one shoulder toward your nearest hip. Continuing in a circular motion, round your upper back to crunch toward the front of your body. Then side-crunch to your far hip.
Move #5: Back Kicks
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, knees and elbows bent, hands in a fist below your chin.
- Lean forward as you lift your left leg back and bend your knee.
- Kick that leg behind you so that it forms a straight line with upper body. Bring it back down to bent position.
Now, for the workout!
Complete each sequence below for 20 seconds with 10 seconds of rest in between. Repeat each sequence 4 times:
Sequence #1: Front Jab, Bob & Weave, Alternating Front Hook
Sequence #2: Back Kick, Uppercut, Bob & Weave
Sequence #3: Alternating Front Hook, Back Kick, Front Jab
Sequence #4: Uppercut, Bob & Weave, Back Kick
Sequence #5: Front jab, Alternating Front Hook, Back Kick, Bob & Squat, Uppercut