Since I ditched my gym membership and built my own gym at home, I have:
- saved money on gym memberships
- saved money on gas
- enjoyed the convenience
- enjoyed the privacy
- been able to workout as a new mommy
- not been pressed for time or rushed
- not worried about others hogging gym equipment
- been more motivated to actually workout
- been able to multitask
- and the list goes on..
Sure, it did cost a little bit up front, here and there, but the benefits are so worth not having to go to a gym and pay for the membership fee! Over time, all of that money builds up.
Here are 10 pieces of gym equipment that I have in my home gym currently that I couldn't live without:
1. Yoga Mat: I use my yoga mat for just about anything and everything! Sure, I use it for yoga and pilates, but I also use it for crunches, burpees, mountain climbers, and pretty much any ground exercises. I love anything from Manduka Yoga-their mats are pretty high quality!
7. Equilizer: An equilizer can be used for body weight strength training, but also cardiovascular workouts as well as endurance training and stretching. Did you know that you can do over 75 moves with this thing? All you need is your body and the bar!