I love this recipe because its quick, clra, and super simple-though I know some people are so against the whole "using a microwave thing," I personally don't mind it-to each their own.
Here is my recipe to making a single serving of a muffin inside of a mug. If you do not own a decent sized or large enough mug, a measuring cup will do just fine.
Banana & Flax Protein Muffin in a Mug
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 packet Stevia
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- In a decent sized mug, mash your ripe banana well.
- Add in protein powder, stirring with the banana.
- Next, add in the oats, milk, flax, and Stevia and stir for about twenty seconds.
- Microwave for 3 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes
- Enjoy right from the mug or remove from the mug and onto a plate.
- Top with nuts, honey, maple, or fresh fruit!