Ahhh, wrinkles. It happens to the best of us.
It wasn't until I turned 25 that I started really caring about my face and how it was going to look in the future. I used to be one of those notorious sunbathers who loved to tan the face-without sunscreen. Little did I know, it was a recipe for wrinkles, aging, and spots.
I decided to start taking better care of my face and so I created the homemade serum below after much research. I used it for about one month before I noticed that my forehead wrinkles started smoothing out. It has made such a huge impact in my face, that I get asked all of the time how I keep my face so clear.
The secret here is actually not so secret: Vitamin C and nourishing natural oils.
One of the most powerful functions of vitamin C is its role in the production of collagen, a protein that gives your skin its elasticity. As you age, collagen breaks down and wrinkles begin to form. Stabilizing your skin’s levels of vitamin C can help to counteract wrinkle formation by increasing collagen production.
Here is a recipe to help you reverse time and ease up some of those harsh lines on your face. It only takes 4 ingredients!
DIY 4 Ingredient Anti-Wrinkle Serum
- 1/4 cup Aloe Vera Gel
- 1 tsp. L-Ascorbic Acid powder aka Vitamin C powder
- 2 tbsp. Vitamin E oil
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
*You will also need a dark dropper bottle or dark container. Vitamin C is known to break down & oxidize quickly, especially when exposed to light.
*You may also need a small & thin funnel, if using a dropper bottle to store your serum. This will make life easier though not a must have.
- Mix all ingredients into a bowl.
- Using your funnel, pour your mixture into your dropper bottle. If you are using a dark medicine bottle or some other type of dark container, you probably won't need a funnel.
- Store excess mixture in the fridge for future use.
- Apply one dropper full to your face, twice weekly.