So, you wanna bigger butt? So does almost every female on this planet. But not many are willing to do what it takes to build their glute muscles up. Because, well, it isn't easy or you would see more perfect bubble butts out there.
With the right dedication, anything is possible. Just ask Ms. Minaj!
First things first, let's talk Diet!
One of the biggest things to remember is that your ass is MUSCLE. To feed muscle growth, you must consume enough:
If you are working out hardcore to build your butt (like you should), then you enough calories and proteins are essential for muscle repair. If you are working out on a regular basis, you have to constantly fight to not lose your muscle because if you exercise too much without refueling your body properly, you will get skinnier or leaner-and your butt might get smaller.
Here are a few muscle building foods to start adding to your diet today:
- nuts such as: cashews, almonds, pistachios, walnuts, peanuts, etc.
- seeds: pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, flax seeds.
- chicken breast
- shellfish such as: shrimp, scallops, crab, etc.
- fish such as: salmon, tuna, tilapia, mackerel, etc.
- protein shakes (whey, egg, soy, casein, pea, etc)
- protein bars
- organic or grass fed beef
Here is a sample diet plan example to use a reference (aim for 6 meals daily):
- Breakfast: 5 egg whites, 1 piece of Ezekiel bread, and 1/2 grapefruit
- Snack: protein shake or a cup of full fat Greek yogurt and berries
- Lunch: 1 grilled skinless, boneless chicken breast over a bed of spinach, topped with unlimited veggies of you choice with 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegrette
- Snack: 2 tbsp all natural nut butter of your choice with 1 slice Ezekiel bread
- Dinner: 1 salmon filet, 1/2 cup quinoa, a side of asparagus
- Snack: protein shake or 3 tbsp cottage cheese with a few berries
Now, make that booty move: Workouts!
Photo Source: USA Today
We have all heard that the #1 secret to getting a bigger butt is squats. While this is true, there are other things that you need to be doing: lifting weights. Don't get me wrong-bodyweight exercises kick ass-literally-but if you have access to gym equipment, this will help speed things up for you.
My biggest tips concerning working out to build a bigger butt are:
- Lift heavy. No girly weights.
- Fewer reps. To gain mucle, studies show that you need to not only lift heavier, but use fewer reps.
- Sprints. Yes, sprints are great. For more of a challenge, try sprinting up hill and avoid any long distance running.
- Don't forget to take a 3 second pause between reps. This also ensures that you complete each rep fully and not half assed-or youll only be getting a "half-ass"
Here are 3 moves that are perfect for targeting your glutes while you are at the gym. Use weights that are most comfortable to you and your fitness level, but do not be afraid to try new things to to push youself a ltitle bit.
1. Goblet Squat
- Stand upright and hold a dumbbell/kettlebell with two hands so that it’s in line with your collarbone. Keep it at this height throughout the movement to simultaneously hit the shoulders, biceps, and triceps, while maintaining strong posture.
- With your chest puffed out and your abs tight, slowly drop down until your quads are BELOW parallel, hold .5s, and explode upwards through your glutes. Ascend through your heels, not your toes.
2. Stability Ball Leg Curls
- Press your heels into the ball and lift your body off the floor to form a straight bridge with your body.
- Powerfully contract your butt and hamstrings, and curl the ball inwards until your knees form a right angle — you should feel a massive contraction in the lower part of your butt, where it intersects with the hamstrings.
- Hold the contraction for .5s, roll the ball back out to full bridge and repeat. If this is too easy you can amp up the intensity by completing each curl with one leg
- Stand upright and hold a barbell in front of your body at thigh height.
- Place a slight bend in your knees, maintain a flat back, bend at the waist, and slowly slide the weight along the front of your legs until it reaches your shins.
- Hold the stretch for 1s, powerfully contract your butt, and accelerate back up to starting position.
These 3 moves are great to do when you are at the home or stuck at the office and can't seem to make your way to the gym for a moment:
1. Single Leg Bridge Etensions
- Lie on your back with your knees bent so that your feet are flat on the ground.
- Press up through the feet to go into a “bridge” so that your bodyweight rests in your feet and shoulders.
- While in this position, extend one leg completely before placing it back down on the floor while lowering your body from the bridge.
- Alternate which leg extends each time you go up into the bridge.
- The backs of thighs (hamstrings) and glutes are the main targets during the bridge, while you will feel the leg extension in your quadriceps.
2. Jump Squats
- Squat down until your knees are bent about 90 degrees.
- Immediately swing your arms overhead and jump upward as high as you can.
- As you land, gently bend your knees and sink back down into the squat position.
3. Glute Kickback
- Get into a quadruped position with all four limbs on the floor.
- Your hands should be lined up directly under your shoulders and your knees should be directly under your hips.
- While keeping your knee bent, lift up one knee off the floor and drive your leg up toward the ceiling until your thighs become aligned with your torso.
- Lower your knee back toward the floor, and immediately move onto the next repetition.
- Perform all repetitions on one leg before switching to the opposite leg.
Want to build a better body in just 12 weeks? Check out my Fit Mommy Workout Bundle!
Bundle & Save BIG!
In this bundle, you will receive:
-Butt & Thigh Blaster 4 Week Home Workout Program
-Armed & Fabulous 4 Week Home Program
-Ab & Core Attach 4 Week Home Program
-Eat Clean, Get Lean 4 Week Meal Plan
All programs are bodyweight exercises only-NO GYM REQUIRED! You can simply do these at home within the comfort of your own home.
Features 4 weeks of high-resolution step-by-step pictures and an exercise directory.
*The Armed & Fabulous program does require one set of dumbbells only.
Jumpstart your weightloss with this 4 week clean eating meal plan! With over 60 easy-to-make recipes, you are sure to enjoy the world of clean eating while losing those few extra pounds.
"Can I do all 3 workout programs together?" Absolutely! You can actually alternate them and do your butt program one day, arms the next, and then abs. Then start over!