Chipotle is one of my favorite places ever. However, I love cooking most of my food at home versus going out to eat to save money, time, and to make things easier with having a baby.
So, I decided to create my own little version of the ever so popular Chipotle bowls. Chipotle bowls are basically a deconstructed burrito-in a bowl-without a tortilla holding things together. The great thing about this recipe is that you can add or take away anything that you want! You can cook with chicken, steak, or tofu. You can use any veggies you like, any cheese, etc. Plus, it is fun to make and the whole family loves it!
- 2 small, frozen chicken breasts (skinless)
- 2 cups brown rice
- 1 cup guacamole (homemade or store bought). To make my homemade simple guac, you will need: 2 avocados, lime juice, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup pinto beans
- 1/2 onion, sliced and diced
- 1/2 tomato, sliced and diced
- shredded fiesta blend cheese
- chipotle seasoning
- sea salt/cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake both frozen chicken breasts (unseasoned) for 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, you can boil your brown rice, chop your onion and tomato, and make your guacamole.
- To make the guac homemade, take your two ripe avocados and peel & pit them. Transfer to a mixing bowl and mash them with a fork. Add in 2 tbsp garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste and a dash of paprika. Lastly, add in one tbsp lime juice and ash with a fork thoroughly. Set aside.
- When the chicken is well done and juices run clear, transfer to a cutting board and shred into smaller pieces using two forks. Transfer the shreds back to the baking pan and sprinkle with 2-3 tbsp chipotle seasoning and salt/pepper to taste. Place back into the oven for 5 more minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Now, it is time to layer your bowls. Begin in this order: Rice, chicken, beans, veggies, guac, and then cheese.
Here is a video tutorial in which I show you how I personally make mine!