How many of you HATE crunches? I would totally be raising my hand at this question, going "ME!" Lying exercises in general tend to be so boring to me.
Though some lying ab moves are totally essential, I am glad to let you know that there are a few standing moves that are PERFECT for blasting ab AND love handle fat!
Complete 3 sets of 20 reps per move of the following:
1. Standing Oblique Crunch
- Stand with feet slightly wider than hip-width apart, with your weight on your right leg and a 3- to 5-pound dumbbell in your left hand. Stretch your left hand up and overhead to the right so you feel a stretch in your left side waist (aka your oblique).
- Crunch your torso to the left, bringing your left knee up and left elbow down toward each other as if trying to crack a nut between your ribs. Return to previous position. Do 12–15 reps, then switch sides and repeat.
2. Dumbbell Side Bend
- Grasp dumbbell with arm straight to side.
- Bend waist to opposite side of dumbbell until slight stretch is felt. Lower to opposite side, same distance and repeat. Continue with opposite side.
3. Torso Rotations
- Stand upright grasping a dumbbell with both hands.
- Rotate your torso to one side. Now, rotate back to the opposite direction. Repeat for 10-20 repetitions.
Here is a video demonstrating each move for you!